With a strong focus on audience development and working toward sustainable audiences, we work closely with venues and producers to bring more professional New Zealand productions to more people in their own community. Previous tours include: Daffodils, That Bloody Woman, The Mooncake & the Kumara, The Modern Maori Quartet, Little Shop of Horrors, The White Guitar, Anzac Eve, The Book of Everything, Triumphs and Other Alternatives, As Night Falls, and Jekyll & Hyde. For a full list of shows current and previous, visit our Show listings.
Special acknowledgement to Creative New Zealand for their support and vision for touring in New Zealand.
Expressions of Interest
Tour-Makers applies to Creative New Zealand’s Touring Fund for a contribution towards the costs of national tours including transport and freight between centres, accommodation and per diems. We provide services in assisting with the delivery of the tour, to be determined on a case-by-case basis. This can include producing and touring advice and guidance, marketing and audience development, production management, tour development and negotiation with venues and festivals, as well as assisting in brokering collaborations.
Expressions of Interest for touring with Tour-Makers in 2020 closed through National Touring Selector on Monday 17 September 2018.
Tour-Makers Eligibility Criteria
- Be a New Zealand production, produced in New Zealand*
- Be a medium to large-scale production, incorporating a minimum of 3 performers on stage
- Be suitable for venues with a capacity of 200+
- Have already been premiered, or has a confirmed premiere date in venue or festival, by April 2019
- Not already funded by Creative New Zealand to tour. Extensions to funded touring may be considered
- Be available for touring in 2020
- Provide support material including budget, technical specification and marketing materials and plan
Panel Assessment Guidelines:
- The production is of high quality
- The budget is accurate and achievable
- The Producer or organisation has a track record of successfully producing and/or touring productions
The production is designed, or can be re-designed to tour e.g. freight requirements, set-up time, and achievable lighting and sound requirements in a regional venue context (the production will be assessed and rated by an expert to be made available to the panel)
- The production is accessible for regional communities, shows potential presenter demand
- The marketing plan and materials are good quality, with a realistic target audience, audience development and engagement opportunities.
- There is value in touring this production to regional New Zealand e.g. cultural, diversity, important New Zealand story, innovative production, educational value, only opportunity
For more information read our Application Guidelines covering both PANNZ Arts Market and Tour-Makers opportunities.