- Demonstrate the capacity of a well-run and financially sound organisation.
- Incorporate a minimum of 3 artists, on stage, in the production.
- Evidence work is of high quality.*
- Include an audience engagement plan or a commitment to actively develop a plan, and demonstrate a commitment to audience engagement opportunities to develop local audiences.
- Provide an accurate budget, showing all income/expenditure, as per budget information requested in EOI form/budget template.
- Evidence that the production is designed to tour, including pack-in limited to one day prior and/or the day of first performance, and quotes for freight
- Be tour ready – either fully produced, or selected for inclusion for presentation in professional festivals.
- If included in festivals, please supply correspondence of confirmation of work.
*High Quality is determined by the strength of the idea, viability of process, experience/ability of people involved and the soundness of the budget.
- Already funded by Creative NZ, for the same activity, to tour.
- International applicants*.
* At this time Tour-Makers purpose is in supporting NZ Artists/Works to tour NZ.
Priority will be given to works that will ensure a balanced programme across the art forms of Music, Dance and Theatre, as well as a balance across regions, cultural diversity and different works/companies.
Priority may be given to companies/works, which would not otherwise tour by existing mechanisms; or can demonstrate a need for subsidy.
Strong applications will demonstrate their vision for touring, good financial acumen and a commitment to growing audiences.
- Companies/artists that can demonstrate the tour aligns with their strategic goals.
- Demonstrate why it is important for you/company to tour.
- Advise why you would not otherwise tour by existing mechanisms.
- Demonstrate value for money
- May include contribution from partners (financial or otherwise).
- Can present a shared risk model.
- Cost benefits to the parties involved.
- Audience Engagement
- What is the audience for your work?
- Demonstrate audience engagement opportunities.
- Include audience numbers of existing database/s.
- Show a demand for the work in various communities.
If you wish to discuss your application prior to submitting or have any queries regarding touring with Tour-Makers, please contact Drew James, Senior Producer
Regardless of the outcome of your application, we also highly recommend you attend the Arts Market in Auckland 13-15 March 2017.